Bayt ar-Rahmah li ad-Da‘wa al-Islamiyyah Rahmatan li al-‘Alamin (Home of Divine Grace for Revealing and Nurturing Islam as a Blessing for All Creation) is organized to operate and function as an ahlussunnah wal jamaah (Sunni Muslim) institution for worship and da‘wa (proselytism) in all its dimensions, including but not limited to the following:
- To advance and promote the worship of God;
- To engage in and promote the study of Holy Scripture, including the Qur’an and Sunnah;
- To help individuals and society at large achieve the sublime goals of religion—and thus perfect human life, from a spiritual as well as social perspective—through religious practice and the attainment of spiritual stations (maqamat), including:
- to know and serve God, free of self-interest;
- to perfect morality through the development of noble character and virtues;
- and to share God’s love with all creation;
- To cultivate virtues including humility (tawadlu’); truthfulness (sidq); love and compassion (rahmah); communication with others in a spirit of mutual understanding and respect (silaturrahim); gratitude towards God and one’s fellow human beings (shukur) and beneficial purpose (azam), among others;
- To carry on the work of Islam in all its spiritual, benevolent, educational, philanthropic, civil and social aspects and activities;
- To promote the spiritual welfare of all persons and to disseminate the primary message of Islam as a source of universal love and compassion (rahmah) to the people of all nations through spiritual, educational and charitable missions;
- To organize and maintain such ministries and divisions, including but not limited to mosques, schools, madrasahs, publishing, film production and other programs authorized by law, which will promote and advance the religious purposes set forth herein.
Bayt ar-Rahmah li ad-Da‘wa al-Islamiyyah Rahmatan li al-‘Alamin (Home of Divine Grace for Revealing and Nurturing Islam as a Blessing for All Creation) is an independent religious entity—subject to the control of no other religious or political body or bodies—with full and final authority to determine solely within itself all matters related to the life of the institution, including but not limited to its vision, mission, activities, financial affairs, affiliations and spiritual leadership.